Left Pic March(ish) 2013 Rt Pic Last week March 2014
A few things I've learned over the last year.
* If you have a bad meal or snack MOVE ON don't make it a bad DAY, WEEK, ETC
* take measurements often, scales often lie.
*embrace the sweat, my exercise time regardless if I am strength training, running,swimming etc. is my time to focus on me, my health and my MENTAL wellness. No lie when I work out I always feel better physically and MENTALLY. When we are stronger in these areas it is easier to care for our loved ones.
* Family will follow my lead when it comes to healthier versions of food or creative workouts/ play, with out too terribly much nagging from me :)
* Water is a girls best friend...water, water, water
* Eat slow or you will regret it. EVERYTIME! In life most of us need to slow down a bit anyways so meal time is my "practice" time for slowing down :) LOL
* SOME people will think you cheated by having WLS these people never had WLS so they have NO IDEA the work put it to it. The band is just a TOOL.. with that said imo its not worth getting upset over these people, bc 9 out of 10 times they don't care to listen to you defend your choice or explain the work involved. They more times than not are just overly opinionated, hard headed, un-educated on the subject people so just move past them .
*I wish I had started strength training earlier. I love cardio, dislike weights but I wish I had found a happy in between last summer instead of just recently.
* and last but not least ( and I am sure this list could go on and on) I have complete control over the choices I make, its me 100% I choose to eat right or eat wrong. I choose to pack my lunches/snacks, I choose to work out or skip. Our life is all about choices.