Wednesday, June 18, 2014

6/17/14 Fill / Check up Apt

Good Wednesday Morning :)
Yesterday I went to my fill appt. I was so happy when I got back to the room because my favorite PA was back. He had moved about 6 mnths ago but is now back at the practice. I mean the last PA was OK but she was just there to do a job. Never really had too many tips etc to help things move along better. Dr DW though is AWESOME. He looked at my band with the barium swallow it looks great. Still in place, no dialation etc. WE settled on .5 CC fill, I have really been struggling with hunger lately. He basically suggests the 5 day pouch test post fill. He calls it the "POOR MANS FILL" though. Kind of a reset after a fill. The last PA had told me move on to softs by dinner time the day of my fill which I thought was a little backwards from everything Ive ever been told. He also sat down and discussed WHAT I have been eating... and I knew what he was going to say and I was right.. I eat to much " SOFT " foods during day. He would rather me eat more solid protein at least at lunch, since I am already good about that for dinner. He suggested a piece of chicken. OK this is hard for me bc I eat at my desk 9 out of 10 times and I got to have something easy plus I don't do dry food very well. So typically re fried beans, cottage cheese, a smoothie, yogurt, chili... and yep I see the trend do you... they are all SOFT.
Chicken started to bother me recently, well  lets reword that.. RE-HEATED chicken bothers me.. and any chicken cooked by someone that tends to dry things out.. I  can eat chicken at my house, just cooked, by US, all day long.. I know its moist and its not re-heated so I am good.. but in order for me to bring chicken to work I will then be re-heating it which moves it to the dry category... So I don't have to worry about lunch this week anyways bc liquids still today then soft foods for the following 2 days ( I made a batch of Chili last night to get me through the soft days) Next week though I think I will be doing a batch of Mexican chicken... I use a whole bottle of salsa in with it so it doesn't normally dry out when re-heated, it ends up being shredded chicken by time its done not a solid breast but I think that should be ok.. or at least I hope so. I am hoping this will help get me back on track. He also suggested if I just have to eat soft foods at lunch to eat a handful of nuts before I eat my soft food.. said this will help, which makes complete sense to me.
As I was getting ready to leave the nurse pulled me to the side and asked if I would be interested in being in a patient profile used for marketing the band for the practice... OMG how awesome is that. I said of course I would , she called the marketing lady who came right in to speak with me about  it. This honestly BLOWS MY MIND, seriously I was almost like WHAT?? But I tried to keep cool even though inside I was so doing a happy dance :)Once it gets done I will make sure to post a link
Well I better go start my day. Happy Hump Day!

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding...you are totally a lapband success story that should be shouted from the rooftops. I love that you were asked. You totally deserve that honor. And...like you...I struggle with dry meat. I mix mine with cottage cheese alot and that seems to help...

    ReplyDelete