Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Got a little sideways

Well I am here again.. I got to get better about my food choices. I have had a headache every day for the last 6-8 weeks... this is about when I got sloppy with my food.. I do believe I have some new food triggers for my headaches/migraines that I didn't before. I have battled these headaches since I was 16 and last year when I was being SUPER strict with my food I had no problems with them at all.. So I think something or multiple somethings that I am now eating that I wasn't a year ago is causing them to be an issue again. So I am going back low carb.. PA at my surgeons office says half the grams of carbs as you get in protein.. OK THIS IS VERY HARD and I have NEVER been able to get that.. like today I will end up 90 grams protein, 51 grams of carbs, so close but not half .. my goal is 90-110 grams protein under 60 grams carbs. I think this is do able, well I know it is, I was doing it a while back.
Being super strict with my carbs is going to lower my calories and make my runs harder especially in the heat and humidity we have going on right now. So my plan is to shorten them a bit until my body gets back to used to not having the carbs.
PS.... I LOVE CARBS I mean they just make everything more yummier :)
So with all that said I need LOW CARB HIGH PROTEIN snack ideas.. nothing with nuts or seeds though bc I think nuts are one of my new triggers which stinks because, I love nuts they are my number one go to snack. Right now I am doing string cheese and a sugar free pudding but need a couple more options.. PS I don't care for greek yogurt I have tried, its just not in me.
So if you have suggestions leave a comment or hit me up on facebook or IG.

2 comments:

  1. I like hard boiled eggs and tuna with avocado as snacks. Most days I have nectar iced coffee protein drinks since they are 24 grams of protein and 0 carbs....good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. Couldn't find your email. Sends me one at turtlesoup21230@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete