Monday, May 5, 2014

Been MIA but I'm back!

Oh my goodness what a crazy 3-4 wks it's been. I am still hanging out between 160 and 162. 
I was able to go visit my brother over spring break for a whole week. He was still doing pretty ruff at the time so I was very glad I could be there to help out.
     This is my nephew (brothers son)
He is such a sweet boy, wide open all the time but sweet boy. While I was there they made the final decision to move back to NC, they will be living w my mom while they get back on their feet. And I am super excited to have him close again. They will be all moved in 2 wks.

I also ran the Rock n Roll Raleigh half marathon. It was my best time yet, 13.1 miles in 2 hrs 14 min 8 sec.  ( my goal was 2 hr 15 min)
            Day prior to race at packet pick up

              Day of race (pre- race)
Then 2 wks after I ran that I ran the Tarheel 10 miler. This one was a struggle I didn't have near enough calories the day before as well as only about an hour sleep so I was dragging big time. 10 miles 1 hr 46 min.. 
          Me and my new running buddy prior to race.
I am trying to maintain my running until June 6th when Mikaela gets out of school for the summer then I will start a pretty intense training plan in prep for the Fall racing session.

This past week my brother was in town, looking for a local surgeon and storage  etc so I got to see him and his son a couple more times which was such a nice treat.
       My bro and he looks so much better now:)
      My daughter and my nephew!

And last but not least I think I am starting the 5 day pouch test tomorrow, I am not having any issues but I need a reset too much stress, and too much travel over the last mnth I need to get back to basics.
Sorry for the radio silence over the last month, and I am glad to be back at my blog!




1 comment: