Monday, January 27, 2014

What a week

Wow I don't know where to begin. Last Tuesday afternoon I received the call that my dear grandfather had passed away. I love my grandparents so much and though he had Parkinson's this was not expected.
My work gave me Thur and Friday off to go to the services. Thursday we didn't have to leave town till late in the afternoon so I had time to run. I started my run like I do all my runs, in prayer. I begged the Lord for peace and to comfort myself and my family. I was determined to run till I could run with out crying. I hyperventilated 3 times ( its hard to control your breathing run and cry all at the same time) but I was able to calm my breathing and run though the pain. By mile 7 I realized I had made it a whole mile with out tears. All in all I ran 10.6 miles in temps that never broke 20 degrees. When I got back to the car I had ice on my face and in my eye lashes, but I felt better. I felt at peace. I know he is in a better place , but I will still miss him terribly.
Bc of all the stress I ended up with a migraine. For me to get rid of a migraine I must take med and sleep it off. Last week I kept taking med but was never able to get the sleep it off aspect done. By Sat I had a migraine and vertigo. I was finally able to get some sleep Saturday night though and to the tune of 14 hours of sleep. I finally felt better Sunday. Got up went to church and came home and slept some more.
My eating has been horrible for the last few days. In and out of town 2 days and sick. I haven't gotten in enough protein and too many carbs but I am back on track today. I know poor food choices did not help with my migraine at all.
Pic from my run Thursday 

1 comment: